06 May 2015

I Probably Don't Blog Correctly

I quit reading "rules" on blogging a long time ago. The older I get, the less rules I tend to read.

I also do not follow "memes" or writing prompts. I think that when one is actually actively involved in genealogical research and is engaged with the material being researched, memes are not needed. Prompts are not needed. Active researchers are overwhelmed with topics on which to write. And besides, I rarely tend to follow the crowd anyway and have no intention of writing about what everyone else is writing about.

I do not survey readers about what they want to see or what they want to read. I don't allow comments to most posts. Not because I don't care what readers think, but largely because I don't have time to moderate posts.  Opt-in surveys are rarely statistically accurate anyway. The real reason I don't survey about content is that I'm going to write about what I want to write about anyway, so there's no need wasting anyone's time with a survey.

Do I take suggestions for topics? Yes. Do I always follow those? No.

I write about what interests me and what I'm researching. That tends to be fairly eclectic and also means that some times topics appear in bunches. That's just the way it is.

And, as always, thanks for reading.


No comments: